Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > maxisys mini will stop working if i didn...
maxisys mini will stop working if i didnt pay for the update?

2780 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-05 16:50:46

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    karkoush
    2017-06-01 02:38:14
    Is it true that my device will stop working if I didn't pay for the yearly update ??

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2017-06-01 22:26:19 (Reply to:karkoush)

I have had one for about 3+ years now. I stopped updating and turned off my wifi over a year and a half ago. Before the new major system update came out. I have had no issues at all. I can still reload old software. My system has never crashed. Yes you can use this tool after your updates expire. At least I can. No you do not have 2017+ vehicles. This tool was awesome when first launched. Where it is today ?   

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-06-04 02:56:36 (Reply to:karkoush)

I still have a DS708 in use that hasn't been updated in several years. Works perfectly fine, just don't have the latest updates. We don't use it for anything mission critical, so no sense in updating it. 

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    karkoush
    2017-06-04 15:45:21 (Reply to:hondaman219)
    I got the maxisys mini 10 months ago.... the best thing about it that they keep updating
    the system ,add more features and fix the errors...and I don't think this devies has
    reached its fully potential

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    karkoush
    2017-06-04 15:45:23 (Reply to:hondaman219)
    I got the maxisys mini 10 months ago.... the best thing about it that they keep updating
    the system ,add more features and fix the errors...and I don't think this devies has
    reached its fully potential

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2017-06-05 10:39:28 (Reply to:karkoush)

You should have been here 3 years ago. They still haven't fixed all the problems yet. Updates are not always good. If they had no problems you would not need to update but once or twice a year. The tool was much better when it was first released. After the law suit things went down hill. Wait till your updates are done and see. I can still run the very early versions of the software. This tool will never be the tool it could have been when ede65 was here. All the early members have left for a reason. Enjoy your tool.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-06-05 16:50:46 (Reply to:hondaman219)

I never updated my DS 708, waiting and waiting , getting long in tooth waiting to hear Good News and praise about that Autel finally got it right , but still reading about updates  causing crashes , no proof that a back up of a scan folder will save you later to restore a tablet that crashes out of update period. Horrible Product Support and Support being pulled off the user forum to help answer questions.
      Haven't seen any video links of examples of needed coding ability the DS708 lacked that the MaxiSys has that actually works when attempted Really starting to see a need for newer car coverage on a new scanner soon, but  trying to decide if my next new tool be from Launch, or if I just get Autel's price point  DS808 to get me by for another 3 years  but just read they downgraded and removed the battery charge capability from the DLC DS808 and MS906, so you no longer be able to keep powering one from vehicle DLC  long after the internal battery has signed off.
  Total1 Pages